Our ancestors have used rosewater for centuries, and it is time that we get with the flow. Hydrating and soothing, rose water works as an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial. It is the ultimate beauty hack that you can easily incorporate into your beauty routine.
The best thing about rose water is that it is super versatile. It has a range of benefits for the skin and the hair.
Making Rose Water at Home
You don’t have to be an expert to make rose water at home- that's how easy it is!
• Fill a pot with freshly picked rose petals. Add distilled water into the pot so that it covers the rose petals. Make sure not to use too much water as it can cause your rose water to become too diluted.
• Cover the pot before turning on the fire. Keep the flame on low, and slowly bring the mixture to a boil.
• After a while, turn off the heat. Keep the cover on and let the water cool down to room temperature.
• Once your water has come down to room temperature, strain out the petals, and transfer the liquid into a clean, sanitized bottle.
Rose Water for Glowing Skin
Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, rose water can rejuvenate, soften, moisturize, and help the skin remain radiant.
• Rosewater Toner
Cleansing, toning, and moisturizing are the basics of a skincare regimen to keep your skin healthy and radiant. Toning is essential to remove oil, dirt, and debris from the skin that has not been removed by a cleanser. Toner helps cleanse the skin while maintaining its pH balance.
Since rose water is 100% natural and gentle in nature, it helps balance the skin's pH levels. It also has astringent properties that cleans the pores and help keep skin problems like blackheads, whiteheads, acne, and pimples at bay. Sensitive skin may not react well to chemical-based toners as these tend to dry out the skin.
Simply spray, or dab rose water on your face and allow it to settle on your pores. Not only will your face feel fresh, but the lingering fragrance will also elevate your mood.
• Face Mist and Setting Spray
Face mists cleanse, tone, and hydrate the skin. They are super handy when you need a quick pick-me-up. You can keep rose water in your bag when you don’t have time to touch up your makeup. A quick spray will immediately brighten and refresh tired skin, removing any signs of dryness.
Rosewater can also be used as a setting spray after your makeup to give a final dewy finish.
• Rose Water for Hair
• Rosewater is extremely beneficial for the hair and scalp. Here's how:
• Rosewater can also be used as a setting spray after your makeup to give a final dewy finish.
• Rosewater works as a mild astringent. It can reduce oiliness in the scalp and help combat dandruff.
• Its anti-inflammatory properties allow it to alleviate scalp conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema.
• The sweet, natural fragrance of rose water can uplift your mood, relieve headaches, and reduce imitability.
• Curly hair girls swear by rose water as it helps calm down frizz and boost shine.
What are you waiting for? Experiment with different combinations of roses, herbs, and oils to see which mixture suits you the best!